LING Club Members at LSA Major/Minor Expo
Linguistics at Michigan
Linguistics at the University of Michigan has unusual synergies tied to exploring and modeling fundamental aspects of linguistic knowledge and integrating that knowledge with diverse approaches to linguistic study, particularly as linked to the study of language as a cognitive endowment and process and the study of language as a central component of human cultures, social action, and perception.
We have particular strengths in areas of language contact, including pidgins and creoles and bilingualism; the relation between phonetics and phonology; and the syntax-semantics interface.
We invite you to explore our website to find out more about us. Please contact us if you need any additional information.
- Dragomir Radev Coaches US Linguistics Team to Multiple Wins at IOL September 26, 2015
- A very busy summer for Diane Larsen-Freeman September 26, 2015
- Carmel O'Shannessy featured speaker at workshop on at Australian National University September 26, 2015
- Phondi: Fahad Alrashed
Speaker: Fahad Alrashed
- 2:00 PM
- HistLing: Sally Thomason on "The origins of Haitian Creole"
Speaker: Sally Thomason
- 3:00 PM
- SoConDi: Marjorie Herbert on "Bimodal Bilingualism and Code-Blending"
Speaker: Marjorie Herbert
- 4:00 PM