May 2, 2013
Why are “its” and “it’s” so commonly confused? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan explains the rules of correct apostrophe usage, revealing that big confusion over the tiny punctuation mark has plagued English speakers for centuries.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- A World of Good
- Detroit from the Ground Up
- The Trees of Tree Town
- A Name in the Game
- Bridging Opportunity and Achievement
- Fashion Statement
- Diego Rivera and “Detroit’s Sistine Chapel”
- National Arab Orchestra Hits the Right Note
- Black Lives Matter: Context and Collaboration
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES