May 2, 2013
Why are “its” and “it’s” so commonly confused? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan explains the rules of correct apostrophe usage, revealing that big confusion over the tiny punctuation mark has plagued English speakers for centuries.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Words Are Power
- Yiddish Studies: Found in Translation
- A Foundation for Libyan Art
- Nothing Neutral About Net Neutrality
- A Welcome from Dean Andrew D. Martin
- Theme Semester Gets the Ball Rolling
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES