Bluebird or a Blue Bird?
August 5, 2013
How do you know when two adjacent words should be a compound word and when they should remain separate? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines how we can easily hear when two words should become compound, but reveals that spelling these combinations is often anything but simple.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon and Chloe Hill.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Meet the Newly Appointed Dean of LSA
- Helping Students Make an Impact
- Slaves and Sharecroppers in Ancient Greece
- Taking Linguistics Outside the Classroom
- Music and Melting Ice
- Jeopardy! Celebrates 50 Years
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Basketball
- Korean Studies and the New Digital Classroom
- The Science of Beauty
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES