Football Haute Couture
November 9, 2012 | by Robert Havey
You may not see many fur coats, ties, or suits around the Big House these days, but they were once regularly spotted wardrobe staples at Michigan football games. From fedoras to feathered hair, the slideshow above highlights many of the fashion trends people brought to the football stands as they cheered for the Wolverines on game day.
Photos courtesy of Bentley Historical Library.
TAGS: spin the cube, slideshow
- Helping Students Make an Impact
- Slaves and Sharecroppers in Ancient Greece
- Taking Linguistics Outside the Classroom
- Music and Melting Ice
- Jeopardy! Celebrates 50 Years
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Basketball
- Korean Studies and the New Digital Classroom
- The Science of Beauty
- Why Comprise is Complicated
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES