He, She or They?
March 6, 2012
Can the pronoun "they" be singular? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan explains the singular generic pronoun question, providing evidence for the use of "they"— instead of "he or she"—in reference to a person of unknown or unspecified gender.
Video production by Rob Hess.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- A Foundation for Libyan Art
- Nothing Neutral About Net Neutrality
- A Welcome from Dean Andrew D. Martin
- Theme Semester Gets the Ball Rolling
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
- A Victor for People with Disabilities
- A Bird in the Hand
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES