I Have Wended to the Market?
January 28, 2013
Why do some speakers say “I have went” instead of “I have gone”? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan reveals how we often try to create regularity with irregular verbs. Particularly she explores how the defective verb “go” took the place of “wend” and ended up with an incongruous past tense.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- A Bird in the Hand
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
- Welcome to Campus, Dean Martin!
- Organizational Studies Educates Students to Innovate
- Making a Commencement Speech Matter
- Weird Water
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES