May 28, 2013
How often do you speak using metaphors? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan reveals that this literary device isn't reserved for only high literature or poetry, exploring the common—but poetic—ways we use metaphors in our everyday speech.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Improving Interventions With Statistics? Genius!
- Naxos and the Future of Climate Change
- Step It Up with Steph
- Silent Consonants
- Toilets, Ladies, and Exercise
- Worldly Determination
- Far Flung Fieldwork
- Bluegrass as a Cure for the Blues
- Sophia Holley Ellis and the Power of Small Gifts
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES