June 24, 2013
Do you pronounce the "h" in "uh oh"? What about the "g" in "running"? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines places where a word's pronunciation and its letters don't quite correspond, revealing that the spelling system of our language is far surpassed by its sounds.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon and Chloe Hill.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- A Foundation for Libyan Art
- Nothing Neutral About Net Neutrality
- A Welcome from Dean Andrew D. Martin
- Theme Semester Gets the Ball Rolling
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
- A Victor for People with Disabilities
- A Bird in the Hand
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES