June 24, 2013
Do you pronounce the "h" in "uh oh"? What about the "g" in "running"? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines places where a word's pronunciation and its letters don't quite correspond, revealing that the spelling system of our language is far surpassed by its sounds.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon and Chloe Hill.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- A World of Good
- Detroit from the Ground Up
- The Trees of Tree Town
- A Name in the Game
- Bridging Opportunity and Achievement
- Fashion Statement
- Diego Rivera and “Detroit’s Sistine Chapel”
- National Arab Orchestra Hits the Right Note
- Black Lives Matter: Context and Collaboration
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES