October 23, 2012
Should you pronounce the "t" in often? What about the "l" in palm? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines how a word's pronunciation can change over time, revealing how spelling can be a kind of museum in which past pronunciations are preserved.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
- Welcome to Campus, Dean Martin!
- Organizational Studies Educates Students to Innovate
- Making a Commencement Speech Matter
- Weird Water
- The Biggest News in the Universe
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES