August 29, 2012
Is “ginormous” really a word? What about “adorkable”? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines the history of portmanteau words, revealing some common words you may not recognize as blends—as well as some newer blends you may not have heard.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
- Welcome to Campus, Dean Martin!
- Organizational Studies Educates Students to Innovate
- Making a Commencement Speech Matter
- Weird Water
- The Biggest News in the Universe
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES