May 2, 2013
Why are “its” and “it’s” so commonly confused? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan explains the rules of correct apostrophe usage, revealing that big confusion over the tiny punctuation mark has plagued English speakers for centuries.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Improving Interventions With Statistics? Genius!
- Naxos and the Future of Climate Change
- Step It Up with Steph
- Silent Consonants
- Toilets, Ladies, and Exercise
- Worldly Determination
- Far Flung Fieldwork
- Bluegrass as a Cure for the Blues
- Sophia Holley Ellis and the Power of Small Gifts
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES