May 2, 2013
Why are “its” and “it’s” so commonly confused? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan explains the rules of correct apostrophe usage, revealing that big confusion over the tiny punctuation mark has plagued English speakers for centuries.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
- A Victor for People with Disabilities
- A Bird in the Hand
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES