Football Haute Couture
November 9, 2012 | by Robert Havey
You may not see many fur coats, ties, or suits around the Big House these days, but they were once regularly spotted wardrobe staples at Michigan football games. From fedoras to feathered hair, the slideshow above highlights many of the fashion trends people brought to the football stands as they cheered for the Wolverines on game day.
Photos courtesy of Bentley Historical Library.
TAGS: spin the cube, slideshow
- A World of Good
- Detroit from the Ground Up
- The Trees of Tree Town
- A Name in the Game
- Bridging Opportunity and Achievement
- Fashion Statement
- Diego Rivera and “Detroit’s Sistine Chapel”
- National Arab Orchestra Hits the Right Note
- Black Lives Matter: Context and Collaboration
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES