May 28, 2013
How often do you speak using metaphors? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan reveals that this literary device isn't reserved for only high literature or poetry, exploring the common—but poetic—ways we use metaphors in our everyday speech.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Safer Conditions for Workers Worldwide
- The Challenge to Make a More Sustainable Campus
- Meet the Newly Appointed Dean of LSA
- Helping Students Make an Impact
- Slaves and Sharecroppers in Ancient Greece
- Taking Linguistics Outside the Classroom
- Music and Melting Ice
- Jeopardy! Celebrates 50 Years
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Basketball
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES