May 28, 2013
How often do you speak using metaphors? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan reveals that this literary device isn't reserved for only high literature or poetry, exploring the common—but poetic—ways we use metaphors in our everyday speech.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Yiddish Studies: Found in Translation
- A Foundation for Libyan Art
- Nothing Neutral About Net Neutrality
- A Welcome from Dean Andrew D. Martin
- Theme Semester Gets the Ball Rolling
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
- A Victor for People with Disabilities
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES