May 28, 2013
How often do you speak using metaphors? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan reveals that this literary device isn't reserved for only high literature or poetry, exploring the common—but poetic—ways we use metaphors in our everyday speech.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
- Welcome to Campus, Dean Martin!
- Organizational Studies Educates Students to Innovate
- Making a Commencement Speech Matter
- Weird Water
- The Biggest News in the Universe
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES