June 24, 2013
Do you pronounce the "h" in "uh oh"? What about the "g" in "running"? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines places where a word's pronunciation and its letters don't quite correspond, revealing that the spelling system of our language is far surpassed by its sounds.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon and Chloe Hill.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Improving Interventions With Statistics? Genius!
- Step It Up with Steph
- Silent Consonants
- Toilets, Ladies, and Exercise
- Worldly Determination
- Far Flung Fieldwork
- Bluegrass as a Cure for the Blues
- Sophia Holley Ellis and the Power of Small Gifts
- Making Students from Michigan into Michigan Students
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES