October 23, 2012
Should you pronounce the "t" in often? What about the "l" in palm? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines how a word's pronunciation can change over time, revealing how spelling can be a kind of museum in which past pronunciations are preserved.
Video production by Natalie Condon.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- 100 Years Without the Passenger Pigeon
- Twitter, Big Data, and Jobs Numbers
- Small Wonder: Bonsai at Matthaei
- A Victor for People with Disabilities
- A Bird in the Hand
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy: A Beacon of Hope?
- In Detroit, LSA Is on the Map
- LSA Grads Make Interesting Spies
- Civil Rights: 50 Years and a Pioneer
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES