The Information Technology group in LSA (LSAIT) provides computing support to units that are part of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts. LSAIT is a part of the LSA Dean's Office under Associate Dean of Budget and Finance, Jim Penner-Hahn. LSAIT staff report to Senior Manager David Sweetman who, in turn, reports to Steve Schlecht, Director of Budget, Finance, and Information Systems.
LSAIT consists of three main teams:
- Advocacy and Research Support (ARS)
- Computer Support Group (CSG)
In addition, there are four LSA Regional IT Support Units:
- Biology Information Technology (Bio IT) — The group that provides computing support to the Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology department (MCDB), Ecology and Evolutionary Biology department (EEB), Museum of Zoology (UMMZ), University of Michigan Herbarium (HERB), University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS), and the Program in Biology.
- Computing and Technology Support (CaTS) — The group that provides computing support to the Physics and Statistics departments and the Center for the Study of Complex Systems
- East Hall Technology Services (EHTS) — The group that provides computing support to the Mathematics and Psychology departments
- North University Information Technology (NuIT) — The group that provides computing support to the Biophysics and Chemistry departments