Visitors and collaborators who need access to U-M resources need to be sponsored through the MCommunity system.
If visitors and collaborators only need to be able to log into department machines, or access the wireless, they can be sponsored as Short Term Guests. The only information needed is:
- Full name
- Non-umich.edu email address
If visitors and collaborators need access to resources other than the wireless network and basic logon, such as AFS space, they can be sponsored through MCommunity as Academic Affiliates. In this case, all of the information listed below is required:
- Full name
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Non-umich.edu email address such as email@example.com
- Personal contact telephone number
- Personal contact address
- Desired U-M uniqname (optional)
- How long the person is going to need access?
- What other services are required (umich.edu email account, AFS access, printing to Sites' printers, and so on)
Faculty and administrative staff can request an individual sponsorship through ITS by filling out this form. To sponsor multiple people at once, use this form instead. Be aware that it usually takes at least a day to receive sponsorship information from ITS.
In addition the IT staff can do this for you quickly when needed; please just send in a support request containing the required information.