Our normal business hours are Monday–Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm. What are our planned outages and exceptions this year?
Expanded Hours for Software Support
Software support through PC Helps (734.936.3279, opt. 2) is available to LSA staff and faculty every day from 7:00am to 8:30pm. Premium charges are incurred by the college for weekend and holiday use of this service so please use it responsibly.
We follow the University schedule and were or will be closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day: Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 26
- Independence Day: Friday, July 4
- Labor Day: Monday, September 1
- Thanksgiving break: Thursday and Friday, November 27 and 28
- Christmas Day: Thursday, December 25
- Season Days: December 26, 29, 30, and 31
- New Year's Day: Thursday, January 1, 2014
Planned Service Outages
We reserve certain dates for planned server maintenance. LSA file systems including Home and Department drives, web services, license servers, and many other services may be unavailable from 12:00am Saturday through 1:00am Sunday on the following dates:
- March 1–2
- July 12–13
- October 18–19
In addition, we reserve a nightly maintenance window between 11:00pm and 1:00am for maintenance that cannot wait until the next scheduled weekend. We usually give 3 days' notice before using those windows.
To contact us outside of normal business hours or during holidays, leave voice mail (734.936.3279, opt. 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for computer support services. We will reply as soon as possible after the resumption of normal business hours.