Beginning with a successful event in 2012, LSA IT holds an annual college-wide hard drive collection and shredding event, typically in the May-June time frame.
When the announcement is posted, you can deliver university-owned hard drives to LSA IT for secure, certified destruction by an outside vendor (Great Lakes Electronics Corporation). Due to the costs involved we can only accept hard drives paid for by U-M. To expedite the process, we ask you to please adhere to the following:
- Hard drives should be delivered to the LSA IT Service Desk in sealed boxes.
- Boxes should be clearly labeled with the number of drives, and your contact information
- Boxes should not weigh more than 40 lbs.
Hard drives will be held by LSA IT in a locked storage area while awaiting pickup. The vendor will provide us with a certificate of destruction once the job is completed.
Call or email the LSA IT Service Desk if you have any questions.
The 2014 deadline has passed. The 2015 event is not yet scheduled. Check back in late April or early May of 2015 for more information.
- 3D Printing
- Administrative Services
- ArcGIS for Server
- Desktop Support
- Field IT Equipment Evaluation and Demonstration Program
- File Storage
- Hard Drive Shredding
- High Performance Computing
- Lab Consulting & Design Request
- Network Consulting
- Other (Non-LSA) IT Services
- Password Reset
- Poster Printing
- Programming & Applications
- Research Support
- Server and Service Monitoring
- Web Hosting