Budget Allocations

Fall 2014 BAC Funding Application (Excel spreadsheet)

The Fall 2014 BAC Funding Application was made available on Friday, September 19. The first deadline is Friday, October 3, at 5:00 p.m.

Funding Process

Q: How do I apply for funding?

A: To apply for funding your student organization must fill out the BAC Fall 2014 funding application. Then attach the app to an email that subject line is the orgs name and your unique name – the email is submitbacapp@gmail.com. The application is at the top of this page!

Q: What is the maximum amount of funding my organization can receive?

A: $2,000.00 per semester.

Q: What is rolling funding?

A: It is BAC’s new process. Funding to groups will now be given out across four cycles. Each cycle will have a different launch date, due date, appeals date, and receipt deadline. This process will allow for us to give more money to groups, more flexibility in planning your events, and more chances to receive funding.

Q: What are the deadlines for applications for the Fall 2014 semester?

A: Funding Applications are due every other Friday at 5:00 pm starting October 3. The deadlines are October 3, October 17, October 31, and November 14. Any app received past the due date will be sent into the next cycle (Apps received after the deadline for Cycle 4 will not be reviewed).

Q: By what date will funding decisions be announced?

A: As soon as we can get them out to you. If you haven’t heard from by Wednesday at 11:59, please contact us at lsasgbudgetallocations@gmail.com

Appeals Process

Q: How does the appeals process work?

A:

1) Please fill out the Appeals Form found on the LSA SG BAC website.

2) Submit the Appeals Form by 5 pm on the Friday after which your application was due. Late Appeals will not be accepted. These dates are Oct. 10, Oct 17, Oct 24, Nov 7, and Nov 21.

3) Appeals interview time slot will be assigned upon receipt of appeal application. Appeal Interviews will be conducted on the Sunday after your appeal was filed.

Q: Can I appeal for anything for which I did not initially apply?

A: No.

Reimbursement Process

Q: How does the reimbursement process work?

A: Student organizations that have been awarded funding must fill out a Reimbursement Form which can be found on our website and present all receipts.

Q: Is the money directly transferred to my account?

A: No, the money awarded is not directly transferred to your organization’s account. The reimbursement form that is listed on our website must be filled out and all hard copies of receipts must be turned in to the LSA Student Government Office which is in G325 Mason Hall. Additionally, any invoices need to be included with an online credit card statement and the purchases must be highlighted or circled. If the receipts are not turned into the SG Office by 4 pm on the day of the receipts deadline the money allocated to your group will be forfeited. If a group knows of an extenuating circumstance that makes it impossible for them to meet our receipt deadline, the may fill out a Reimbursement Extension Form also found on the website. It will be up to the discretion of the Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer whether or not to grant those extensions.

Q: How long does the reimbursement process generally take?

A: There are four reimbursement/receipts deadlines per semester.  We will try to process your transfer as quickly as possible. Sometimes it may take longer as a consequence if how SOAS works. If you are experiencing any issues with the transfer, please contact: lsasgbudgetallocations@gmail.com. If a student group does not turn in the Receipts and Reimbursement Forms into LSA Student Gov. Office by 5 pm on that day, the money allocated to that group is forfeited. It is important to note that a group may not apply for funding twice for the same event; this means that money will not be able to be used for that event.

Q: I know I can’t meet your receipt deadline is there anything I can do?

A: If a group knows of an extenuating circumstance that makes it impossible for them to meet our receipt deadline, the may fill out a Reimbursement Extension Form also found on the website. It will be up to the discretion of the Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer whether or not to grant those extensions.

Additional Questions

Q: Who do I contact if I have additional questions?

A: Chair: Jason Colella jasonjco@umich.edu, Vice Chair: Nick Swider nswider@umich.edu, or Treasurer: Gretchen Weed gmweed@umich.edu

If you want to appeal your funding decision, you may by filling out an Appeal  Form (found on the LSA SG website) and having an appeal interview the following Sunday. All appeal decisions are final.