SABISS is a subcommittee of the Academic Affairs Committee (AAC), working closely with Instructional Support Services (ISS), coordinated by Senior Manager, Monika Dressler. SABISS offers a students' perspective on improving classroom tools, technology, and furniture such as podcasting, i-Clickers, and desks.
Accomplishments and Projects
- CTools Augmentation - Encouraging instructors to use the universally available CTools for posting more class materials, announcements, course updates, discussion topics, as well as enabling chat and forum features for a better student learning experience.
- "Green" Tech - Explore ways for the University and students to use energy efficient technology products, services and features.
- Small Scale Improvements - Due to current economic conditions, it is necessary to make as big an impact as we can with updating LSA classrooms while being budget conscious.
- SABISS and ISS Surveys - Gauging what students thought about their classrooms and how to improve them.
- Focus Groups - Better understand the reasons for certain responses on the surveys in more detail.
- Clear Tech Initiative - Making it easier for students and instructors to use ISS Technology in and out of the classroom.
- Classroom Security - Letting students and organizations know of the proper procedures for acquiring and safety rules for using a classroom for after-hour activities.
We are always looking for new members, so please do not hesitate to join us and voice your suggestions on improvements to our LSA learning environments!
Meeting Time: Mondays at 5:00, G325 Mason Hall
Chair: Uriel Lee
Vice Chair: Ryan Gillcrist
- Budget Allocations Committee
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Communications Committee
- Diversity Affairs Committee
- Public Activities Committee
- Student Life Committee
- Student Advisory Board to Instructional Support Services
- Student Advisory Council to Departmental Affairs
- SG Health
- Taking Responsibility for the Earth and Environment Subcommittee