Procedures for LSA Students
- Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission's online transfer credit database.
- Courses listed on this database are pre-approved, simply take the course and submit an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions showing the official grade for the course.
- If the course is not listed, please submit an official syllabus and/or final exam to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 2084 East Hall. If submitting electronically, please convert your documentation to pdf format and include the following information in your email: transfer school name, location, course number, course name, and your UMID number.
- Course evaluation takes up to two weeks; please submit your materials early
Policies for LSA Students
- No online courses are accepted for transfer credit; there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Math course evaluations expire at the date listed on the online transfer credit database, students may take and complete approved courses up to the expiration date (i.e., a course that expires 8/25/12 would be valid for 2012 summer semesters, but not the 2012 fall semester).
- Transfer credit for Math 217 (Linear Algebra) is rarely, if ever, approved. Students planning to major in mathematics should plan to take Math 217 in-residence at U-M.
- All mathematics transfer credits follow the general College of LSA transfer credit guidelines, please review them here. Students are responsible for knowing and abiding by these policies.
Procedures and Policies for Non-LSA Students
Consult with your college to discuss transfer credit procedure. Online courses will not be accepted for mathematics credit.
|Admissions Transfer Credit database|
|Minimum Content Requirements for Introductory Courses|
|LSA Transfer Credit Guidelines|