The Mathematics Department sponsors several student organizations including SAM, STEM, and WIM, and the Department is more-than-happy to support additional math-related student organizations. If there is a math-related club that you want to start, please speak with the Undergraduate Program Director.
- The Student Actuaries at Michigan (SAM) club is an organization for undergraduates and graduates interested in the field of actuarial and financial mathematics. There are monthly meetings on topics of interest, sometimes featuring speakers from industry. The group organizes study groups for the professional examinations and coordinates visits to campus of industry recruiters. It also sponsors a variety of athletic and social activities including an end-of-year picnic.
- STEM Society aims to expose K-12 students, especially in lower socioeconomic areas, to inquiry-based learning in the fields of science and math. The society hopes to disprove common stereotypes that students may have about science and math as well as to increase their awareness of the diverse opportunities available in these fields. In addition, STEM Society strives to provide undergraduates with an interest in teaching or sharing their passion for science and math with opportunities to do so.
- Women in Mathematics (WIM) club is dedicated to providing social and educational support for females pursuing mathematics/statistics or those who have strong interest in these subjects. Throughout the year WIM hosts monthly meetings and various social events that include study sessions, movie nights, seminars from women in the mathematics field, game nights, and more. The club is open to anyone who is interested in mathematics.
- Undergraduate Home
- Courses for Freshmen
- Course Resources
- Awards, Scholarships, and Prizes
- Major and Minor Programs
- Extracurricular Activities
- Research and Career Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions