Administrative Assistant Intermediate
Work location: Ann Arbor – Matthaei-Nichols
Salary: $38,000.00 – $42,000.00
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply: You must apply for this position on the UM Jobs Career website, http://umjobs.org/. Use the job opening ID number 132156 to search for this position and apply.
Please note: A detailed cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position; include the cover letter as the first page of your resume. In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience directly relate to the specific duties and qualifications of this position.
Job Summary: Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Administrative Assistant Intermediate to join our team. The Administrative Assistant Intermediate will be part of the administrative team and will handle human resources activities, including serving as support for the Nature Academy summer internship program. The ideal candidate should have excellent customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
Learn more about the job duties on the UM Jobs Career website.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 years’ experience in a progressively responsible human resources, financial, administrative, or related role.
- Demonstrated record of close attention to detail, a high record of accuracy, strong organizational skills and dependability. Must work effectively and efficiently delivering high quality work.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and working knowledge of Google mail, calendar, docs, forms, and drives.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive, professional demeanor.
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Familiarity or experience with human resources and financial processes and systems in M-Pathways.
- Working knowledge of UM HR policies and procedures.
- Prior experience working with and hiring university students.
- Personal connection with our purpose: caring for nature, enriching lives.
Additional Notes: For more information about Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum please visit our website at mbgna.umich.edu.
Work study positions
To see current openings for work-study positions at Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum please visit the UM Student Employment website. Find our postings by filtering your search to show Work-Study positions for Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.