The University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum
29°F | Cloudycontact us
Making a Monthly Gift is Easy

"For me, monthly giving through EFT is easy and painless. I don't have to think about it and the gift continues until I decide to end it. Easy, painless and uninterrupted."
 Jacqueline S.
 Friends Member

"My monthly payroll deduction gift gives me the satisfaction of knowing that I'm giving back to the U-M community, including the the Arb and Gardens."
 David R.
 UM Staff &
 Friends Member

give a gift
Give a gift
Gifts to Matthaei-Nichols help provide for places of hope that encourage environmental action while offering restorative landscapes.

major gift priorities

• At Matthaei Botanical Gardens
  • Bonsai and Penjing Collection: Matthaei Botanical Gardens wants to connect people who love gardens, art, nature, and serenity with our collection of over 50 bonsai and penjing trees. You can help!

• Great Lakes Garden: The Great Lakes Garden will be a critical initiative at the Gardens, conserving and showcasing the major at-risk vegetation types, habitats, and plants of the region to students and the public. The presentation and interpretation will spur visitors to appreciate and explore current issues and research related to Great Lakes native plants and habitats. You can help!

Three additional priorities aim to strengthen safeguards for our treasured collections and landscapes and provide paid internships for students committed to securing a future for our planet.

• At Nichols Arboretum
  • Peony Garden Restoration: The famed peony garden needs help to preserve the health and display of its 270 cultivars. This is the largest collection of antique and heirloom peonies in North America. You can help!
  • Endowments
  • Natural Areas: On the properties of Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum, 20% of Michigan's flora is represented. With the state's unique botanical treasures threatened by climate change, fragmentation, suburbanization, and invasive species, we aim to provide a refuge of reclamation and research. You can help!
  • Internships: Undergraduates and graduates gain critical career experience in fields relating to environmental stewardship, design and interpretation of gardens and natural areas. You can help the finances and the futures of University of Michigan students!

Michigan Web Design by Boxcar Studio