The University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum
33°F | Partly Cloudycontact us
Making a Monthly Gift is Easy

"For me, monthly giving through EFT is easy and painless. I don't have to think about it and the gift continues until I decide to end it. Easy, painless and uninterrupted."
 Jacqueline S.
 Friends Member

"My monthly payroll deduction gift gives me the satisfaction of knowing that I'm giving back to the U-M community, including the the Arb and Gardens."
 David R.
 UM Staff &
 Friends Member

give a gift
Give a gift
Gifts to Matthaei-Nichols help provide for places of hope that encourage environmental action while offering restorative landscapes.

victors for nature

The University of Michigan has embarked on a high-profile fundraising campaign, notable for its intensive goals to financially help students. Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum enrich and, in many ways, complete the university. These unique properties—800 acres in all—are transformative places where students, faculty and members of the community can connect with and learn from nature. Our land and water ecosystems—home to approximately 20 percent of Michigan’s native flora and to several key endangered plant and wildlife species—are rich in unrealized research and teaching opportunities. Campaign funding will secure student internships and faculty research, improve aging facilities, and conserve the ecological health, biodiversity, and beauty of our properties. We aim to raise far more than ever in our history: $7 million

• One quarter will support student internships and awards.
  • Fully 60% will protect the living collections and unique settings of the Peony Garden, Gaffield Children’s Garden, Great Lakes Gardens, and Bonsai & Penjing Garden. Learn more...
  • The remainder will build essential infrastructure for the new Campus Farm and manage our treasured ecosystems and protected species. Learn more...

Michigan Web Design by Boxcar Studio