shakespeare in the arb 2016
Love's Labour's Lost
Thursdays–Sundays, June 9-26, 6:30pm
This season's play is Love's Labour's Lost, directed by Kate Mendeloff of the U-M Residential College and performed by U-M students and community players.
Matthaei-Nichols members: reserved tickets available in mid-May.
Stay tuned for more information soon about tickets prices, visiting the Arboretum, and more.
In the meantime, whether you're a Shakespeare aficionado or newbie, this animated video synopsis of Love's Labour's Lost from the Royal Shakespeare Society> will make you smile.
- Performance Dates:
- June 9 - June 12
- June 16 - June 19
- June 23 - June 26
Four performances per week
Thursdays through Sundays
- Shakespeare in the Arb 2016 performance dates are: Thursdays through Sundays, June 9-12; 16-19; & 23-26.
- Box office is located in the lower level of the Arboretum Visitor Center at the 1610 Washington Hts. entrance
- Shakespeare in the Arb performers and audience members move through sections of the Arb as the play progresses. Each performance lasts about 2.5 hours.
- Due to the mobile nature of the performances and the outdoor settings, a limited number of tickets are available for each show.
- Audience members sit on the ground. We recommend blankets or chairs. Those sitting in chairs will be asked to sit toward the back so as not to obstruct the view.
- Performances may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Show cancellations occur prior to the box office opening. If bad weather threatens, call ahead (734.647.7600) or visit/follow us on Twitter @MatthaeiNichols for last-minute details.
- Water is available for purchase at the box office. Insect spray is available for free at the box office.
Directions & Parking
Note: summer 2016 construction on Observatory affects Arboretum parking and traffic. In a 2-part project beginning in early May through the end of August, Washington Hts. becomes a 2-way street and the Arb parking spaces on Washington Hts. move to the U-M blue lot across the street (Lot M95; see map). Observatory street at E. Medical Center Dr. closes in the first phase (see map) and then Observatory closes at Washington Hts. during the second phase (see map). Visitors traveling by car to Nichols Arboretum are encouraged to park in the U-M hospital P2 structure before 5 pm. The blue lot above Ronald McDonald House on Washington Hts. is open after 5 weekdays and on Saturdays and Sundays. Remember to build in extra time to get to the Arb if you're attending an event such as Shakespeare in the Arb.