learning on your own - Discovery Tools
At MBGNA we want to encourage life-long learning and a offer a commitment to stewardship of our environment. With these tools we hope we can help you on that path.
- DIY Guide to Alternative Lawns - Is your lawn making you stressed? Are you tired of all that mowing? Switching to an alternative lawn may be the answer. Alternative lawns provide the land cover you want with less maintenance than the traditional turf lawn. Click here to download (PDF)
- Plant a rain garden on your property with help from the Washtenaw County Rain Garden Assistance Program.
- Featured Article/DIY Project - Rain, Rain, You Can Stay! Master gardener, Monica Milla tells all there is to know about rain gardens! This article was featured in the Spring 2006 Newsletter. Click here to download (PDF)
- Prairie Gardening in Your Yard - Click here to download (PDF)
- Benefits of recycling - www.earth911.org
- Leave No Trace ethics - www.lnt.org
- Have a Question about Plants or Gardening?
- How do I plant a rain garden?
- Gardening tips
- Winter bulb maintenance
For all horticultural and botanical questions such as plant diseases or plant identification, appropriate climate zones, native and invasive species, etc., please visit the Michigan State University Extension site
For further information about these projects or links, please contact us using the interactive comment form.