Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB) is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the Central Campus of the University, at 830 N. University Avenue, in the Kraus Natural Science Building. The Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) is the closest major international passenger airport to campus.

Map

View Larger Map

Webcam

Streaming Webcam of the Diag, showing a view from the Shapiro Library. The Natural Science building is behind the flag pole.

Webcam of N. University and State Street. Updates every five seconds. The webcam overlooks the corner of State Street and North University. The Natural Science Building is across from Hill Auditorium, the brick building in the upper left.

Directions

Enter your address or zip code into the field below to generate Google driving directions.

From Detroit (heading West) I-94, take I-94 West to the State Street exit (Exit 177). Turn right (north). Continue on State Street approximately 2 miles to the main campus area.

From Chicago (heading East) I-94, take I-94 East to the State Street exit (Exit 177). Turn left (north). Continue on State Street approximately 2 miles to the main campus area.

From Ohio (heading North) I-75/US-23, take US-23 North to the Washtenaw-"Ann Arbor" exit (Exit 37B) and merge onto Washtenaw. At the fork in the road where Stadium Blvd and Washtenaw split (approximately 2-3 miles), stay to the right on Washtenaw following the Hospital signs. Make left on Geddes Ave., which will turn into N. University. The Natural Science Building will be on your left.

From Northern Michigan (heading South), take I-75 South to US-23 South to M-14 WEST. Take Exit #3, called Downtown Ann Arbor; this will become Main Street. Follow Main Street to William Street. Take a left at William Street and continue down William Street until it ends at State St. and the central campus area.

From Northwest Suburbs I-275/I-696 (W.P. Ruether Freeway), take I-696 to I-275 South to M-14 West. Follow the M-14 West signs closely. Take Exit #3, which is called "Downtown Ann Arbor", this will become Main St. Follow Main St. to William St. Take a left on William and follow until it ends at State Street and the central campus area.

From parts of Detroit, Redford, M-14, Plymouth and Canton I-96 (Jeffries Freeway), take I-96 to M-14 West. Follow M-14 West signs closely. Take Exit #3, which is marked "Downtown Ann Arbor"; this will become Main Street. Follow Main Street to William Street. Turn left on William Street and follow it until it ends at State St. and the central campus area.

From Lansing, take I-96 East to US-23 South to M-14 WEST. Take Exit #3, called Downtown Ann Arbor; this will become Main Street. Follow Main Street to William Street. Take a left at William St. and continue down William Street until it ends at State St. and the central campus area.

Parking

Parking on the University of Michigan Campus
Parking information from the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority (DDA). Includes information about parking rates, disability resources, parking structures, and more.
Available parking spots in downtown Ann Arbor parking structures and lots. Updated every minute.
Parking Maps for Downtown Ann Arbor
Moped and Motorcycle Parking Map 
Streets of Ann Arbor. Information about the business on the streets of Ann Arbor.

Buses

The University runs a bus service between north, central, and south campuses. All University buses are free. 

Airports

If you are flying out of town, you can receive current airport delays for DTW from the Federal Aviation Administration.

Visiting Ann Arbor

Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau

Helpful Numbers

• Campus Information Center – 734.764.INFO
  • MCDB – 734.763.7142