Prospective Graduate Students must submit a variety of materials as part of the formal application process. Applications are on-line through the Rackham Graduate School.
The deadline for all application materials is January 5.
Submit online applications to http://www.rackham.umich.edu/. Then click "Admissions" and follow the directions to submit your application. If you are applying directly to the MCDB department (not through PIBS), you will find our department under the letter "M" for the non-PIBS selection.
The application fee ($65 per application for U.S. citizens, $75 per application for international applicants) must be paid online for your application to be accepted.
Application must include the following:
- Form — A completed application form
- Statement of Purpose — A precise and concise description of your background and career goals; a detailed description of any research experience is strongly recommended
- GRE — Scores from the general test only; institutional code 1839, department code 0203
- Recommendations — Three letters of recommendation from those who can evaluate your academic and scientific potential
- International students — International applicants from non-English speaking undergraduate programs MUST provide TOEFL scores (minimum of 560 or 220 computer-based); institutional code 1839, department code 35
- Transcripts — Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
For questions regarding your application, please contact:
Rackham Graduate School
For departmental questions, please contact:
MCDB Graduate Coordinator