The redox-regulated chaperone Hsp33 protects organisms against oxidative stress that leads to protein unfolding. Activation of Hsp33 is triggered by the oxidative unfolding of its own redox-sensor domain...
Clean results: U-M researchers learn how bleach kills bacteria
The movie "The Secret Life of Bleach" produced by the American Chemistry Council.
Download the movie
In addition to the selected articles and interviews listed below, Ursula Jakob has been interviewed by AAAS Science Update radio program, Chemistry & Industry magazine (UK), Zeit Online (Germany), KDKA Radio (Pittsburgh, PA), Veterinary Information Network News Service and NPR's Science Friday.
- Boston Globe Online - "Mystery solved: How bleach kills germs"
- CBC News - "U.S. researchers discover how bleach works to kill bacteria"
- Discover - "Bleach Kills Germs, and Finally Scientists Know Why"
- FOXnews.com - "Scientists Solve Mystery of How Bleach Kills Germs"
- Houston Chronicle Online - "Bleach's germ-killing similar to a high fever"
- Live Science - "How Bleach Kills Bacteria"
- Los Angeles Times - "Study details bleach's feverlike fight against bacteria"
- NPR Talk of the Nation - "Study Reveals How Bleach Wipes Out Bacteria"
- Reuters - "Mystery solved: How bleach kills germs"
- ScienceNow - "Unfolding Bleach's Bug-Killing Secrets"
- Scientific American Online - "How bleach kills germs"
- Telegraph (UK) - "How bleach kills bacteria revealed"
- The Oregonian - "Acid released in fever acts like bleach in killing bacteria"
- The Press Association - "How bleach beats bacteria"
- U-M News Service - "Clean results: U-M researchers learn how bleach kills bacteria"
- Yahoo! News