Academic & Wellness Resources
Now that you are a student in MCSP, we want to make sure you succeed here at the University of Michigan. MCSP's office personnel provide academic and wellness support services just for you. These include:
- Programs on study skills, test-taking, stress management, etc.
- Connections to on campus academic and wellness resources
- Group study or individual tutoring in introductory courses such as mathematics, physics, English, chemistry, biology, and languages (as needed)
- Office Hours with time to help you think through your options at U-M
For more information about Academic & Wellness Support, stop by the MCSP Office to see any of our staff or email us at email@example.com.
FREE New York Times!
The Michigan Community Scholars Program provides you with the opportunity to stay connected with the rest of the world by supplying the New York Times for free every weekday. Become an engaged and informed citizen!
FREE Yoga Classes!
In association with the Residential College, free Yoga classes are offered for students in West Quad on a weekly basis.
The Academic Advising Center serves LSA undergraduates by:
- Helping them make informed decisions about educational goals and LSA curriculum
- Encouraging them to formulate an academic program appropriate to their individual interests and abilities
- Assisting them in evaluating their academic progress and performance
- Providing them accurate information about LSA policies and procedures
- Furnishing them an opportunity to explore the purposes of a liberal arts and science education
The Sweetland Center for Writing offers:
- Personalized assistance with writing skills from trained peers and faculty members
- Writing workshops for your papers, application essays and/or personal creative writing projects
- Walk-in or pre-scheduled appointments
- Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Language Resource Center (LRC)
1500 North Quad
The Language Resource Center provides:
- An extensive collection of print and online media that pertain to language learning
- Access to international radio, film, and television programs
- FREE Language Conversation Partners for practicing communication skills
- Language tutors for academic classes
East Hall, Room B860
The Math Lab offers FREE walk-in tutoring service for U-M students.
Science Learning Center
1720 Chemistry Building
This interdisciplinary resource center offers tutoring, study groups, and computer resources for Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Geology and Physics.
Physics Help Room
1416 Randall Lab
This room is staffed by Graduate Student Instructors who can help students with introductory physics.
The Engineering Advising Center provides academic services and support for first-year and undeclared students including:
- Academic advising
- Personal counseling
- Career exploration
- Goal setting
- Workshops to facilitate student success
Career Center services include:
- Individual advising appointments
- “Immersion Excursions” for job shadowing
- Pre-law, Pre-med and Pre-health guidance
- Resume and cover letter workshops
- Reference Letter Service for storing recommendations from professors and employers
- Videotaped mock interviews
- Access to the “Career Center Connector,” an online network that links U-M students to employers hiring for internships and permanent positions Link!
- Job, Internship and Graduate School Fairs for fields ranging from medicine to education
CAPS services are free, confidential and available to currently enrolled students. The staff includes social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists from diverse backgrounds with regard to race/ethnicity, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, age, professional discipline, theoretical orientations and intervention approaches. CAPS services include:
- Counseling for individuals, couples and groups
- Crisis walk-in availability
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring
- Outreach and educational events and workshops
- Mitalk, an interactive web site designed especially for students Link!
- QPR Suicide Prevention Program
- Campus crisis response team
- Assistance with referrals to other campus and community resources
University Health Services (UHS)
207 Fletcher Street
UHS offers a variety of health services. Most costs are covered by the health service fee that students pay as part of tuition. UHS welcomes students for urgent care walk-in appointments or pre-arranged clinic appointments for the following specializations:
- Allergies & Immunizations
- Eye Care
- Physical Therapy