5PM Friday, September 20, 2013 (for Winter 2014, Fall 2014 and Winter 2015)
- Interviews are tentatively scheduled the week of September 30.
- The schedule for Prep Classes and the Send-off meeting will be announced this summer.
MIW Interview Preparation Tips
1. Meet with school and concentration advisors to ensure that program participation supports educational goals and graduation plans stay on track.
2. Make an appointment at Student Career Services to update your resume. Have your references sent there so that they can be used for your MIW application, and also for your internship search.
3. Explore internship ideas using Google. Enter your area of interest and Washington, DC to see what types of organizations appear and whether you might be interested in working for them.
4. Outline your research interests and connect with MIW alums who have the same interests. Think about whether you would like to combine your internship with the research paper, or keep them separate. Honors students might consider using the research paper as a basis for an honors thesis.
5. Most students observe the Washington dress code at interviews - suits or jackets and ties for men, and appropriate business dresses, suits or slacks for women.
6. Interviews are approximately 15 minutes per student. They are held in a conference room with one or two people from the Ann Arbor campus, and a video conference connection to the program manager in Washington DC.
7. Join the MIW Facebook group and post quetions for students who have been through the program.