Your concentration pathway not only helps you create a customized degree program that reflects your academic interests. It also serves as a springboard for thinking about your career direction. OS helps you explore careers in a multitude of ways:
- Shadowing/Informational Excursions: OS offers occasional opportunities to take a “sneak peek” at a particular field. You may shadow an individual or a group of individuals, or have the opportunity to have a day of informational interviewing on site.
- OS Internship Listing: Organizational Studies advertises internship opportunities for OS students in a weekly e-mail starting in December. Learn about some of the interesting meaningful internship activity that our students pursued last summer!
- OS Weekly Updates: Organizational Studies sends out a weekly e-mail newsletter to students with news about OS and BLI events, Curriculum news, and Career and Internship news. Check your e-mail every Monday for job and internship recruiting events or deadlines.
- Leadership Links: Leadership Links is a unique opportunity for students to connect informally with leaders in the field via a 1 – 1 ½ hour session with that leader. These opportunities occur mainly in conjunction with our OS Leadership committee meetings, but may happen at other times through the year as well.
- Summer Opportunities Packet: OS offers a collection of information on internship, study abroad, and research experiences in this packet. Information in the packet comes from OS students and their previous summer experience. Available to OS students in December.