Check out our Director's Blog!
Ashley Lucas, Director of PCAP, visited correctional facilities around Australia this summer. Check out her blog and read about her journey!
Welcome to the Prison Creative Arts Project
The Prison Creative Arts Project (PCAP) was founded in 1990 with the mission to collaborate with incarcerated adults, incarcerated youth, urban youth and the formerly incarcerated to strengthen our community through creative expression. Housed in the University of Michigan’s Residential College, faculty and students work with community members both inside and outside prisons to engage in workshops in theatre, dance, visual art, creative writing, slam poetry, and music. Annually, PCAP hosts one of the largest prisoner art exhibitions in the world and publishes a literary journal of writing by incarcerated authors. With arts programming and events year round, the organization serves as a creative hub for those with links to the criminal justice system, community volunteers, faculty, students, and university staff.
- Congratulations to our Director! August 5, 2015
- PCAP Newsletter for Incarcerated Participants - June 2015 July 13, 2015
- PCAP wants to hear from you about your thoughts on our website! June 18, 2015
- Humanize the Numbers Exhibit
02/18/2016 - 04/08/2016;
- Humanize the Numbers Opening Reception
- A Wall in Process Exhibit
03/07/2016 - 04/28/2016;