The Michigan Philosophy News is published for friends, alumni, and alumnae of the Department of Philosophy. Each issue contains a letter from the Chair reviewing the year's news about the faculty and graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as events and activities within the Department. Past issues also contain a substantive philosophical article written expressly for the newsletter by a member of the faculty. Recent faculty articles are highlighted below. Past MPN issues are available on the right menu.
- Andy Egan, "Secondary Qualities, Self-Locating Belief, and Sensible Relativism" (2006)
- Louis Loeb, "The Naturalisms of Hume and Reid" (2007)
- Eric Lormand, "Function: Under Construction" (2008)
- David Manley, "What If I Might Not Be Evidentially Unique?" (2011)
- Chandra Sekhar Sripada, "Philosophical Questions about the Nature of Willpower" (2010)
- Ken Walton, "Sports as Fiction" (2009)