2014 Tanner Symposium
"Volition, Self-Control, and Public Policy"
April 10, 2014
10 am - 12:30 pm
Vandenberg Room, Michigan League
The 2014 Tanner Symposium featured a panel of speakers discussing current research in the areas of volition and self-control and the effects of that research for issues of public policy.
The Symposiasts included:
- Walter Mischel (Niven Professor in Humane Letters in Psychology, Columbia University)
- David Laibson (Robert I. Goldman Professor of Economics, Harvard University)
- John Jonides (Daniel J. Weintraub Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, U-M)
- Chandra Sripada (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Philosophy, U-M)
- Moderator: Ethan Kross (Assistant Professor of Psychology, U-M)