Commencement

Applying for Graduation +

Physics Commencement Ceremony FAQ +

When is the Physics Commencement held?

The date of the Physics Commencement coincides with the date of the University’s Spring Commencement; usually the Friday before Commencement.

Where is the Physics commencement?

The Physics Commencement Ceremony and Reception is held in 337 and 340 West Hall

When will I receive information about commencement?

Invitations are sent out to graduating physics students and their families late February. 

What if I apply late for graduation?

Please stop by Physics Student Services (1440 Randall Lab; M-F 8 AM-5 PM) or e-mail physics.sso@umich.edu to receive an invitation.

What if I graduated in December or will graduate in August?

All physics students that graduated in December or are graduating in May or August are welcome to attend the ceremony and reception.

Do I need to RSVP?

Yes, please RSVP by April 12th to Kathryn Jones, Undergraduate Coordinator at 734.936.0659 or physics.sso@umich.edu

Will I have time to go to the Honors Commencement?

Yes, the Physics Reception is held before the ceremony from 10:00 AM-11:30 AM with the ceremony starting at 11:30 AM.

How many guests are allowed per graduate?

Students may invite as many people as you wish; however, they must indicate their number on the commencement registration by the stated deadline.

What is the dress?

Business Casual; please no jeans.

What about parking?

Parking is available at the Church Street Structure and Forest Street Structure (Corner of South University and Church Street).

Is photography allowed?

Yes, photography is allowed.

U-M Commencement Information +