||PROFILE — Wilbert (Bill) McKeachie
Area: Combined Program in Education and Psychology, Personality & Social Contexts, Social
Psychology Office: 1346A East Hall
Psychology Phone: 734-763-0218
Alternate Address: 200 Hill Street
Alternate Phone: 734-763-0218
I study college teaching and learning. My research interests include motivation and information processing in university classes; anxiety, learning strategies; college teaching, faculty evaluation/faculty development, life span development of faculty, religious attitudes and stereotypes.
- Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research and Theory for College and University Teachers. Houghton-Mifflin, (12th edition with Marilla S. Vinicki), 2007.
- College student intrinsic and/or extrinsic motivation and learning, Lin, Y.G., McKeachie, W., J., and Kim, Y.C., Learning and Individual Differences, 2003, 13, 251-258.
Honors and Awards
- 8 honorary degrees
- APA Presidential Citation for exemplary service to the academic and scientific community
- 31 other awards, including one to be presented by Duquesne University in October 2007
- U-M Faculty Intramural Athlete of the Year (first winner of this title)