The Psychology Department currently: has 103 active externally sponsored research projects; has 62 pending sponsored research projects; ranks third in research expenditures for LSA; and has 2 Training Grants, which support 9 students (7 graduate students and 2 postdoctoral researchers) each year.
Psychology Grant Submission Resources
- Psychology Proposal Submission Information (PowerPoint)
- Psychology Budget/Proposal Worksheet (Excel)
- U-M Research Website
- U-M Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) Website
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Helpful Tools
- Psychology Instructions for NIH Grants.gov submissions(PDF)
- Psychology Example of an NIH R03 Grants.gov application (PDF)
- NIH eRA Commons Registration website
- NIH Website for the Grants.gov Electronic Submission Process
- NIH Application guide for the Grants.gov submission process (SF424 R&R)
The U–M Research website provides information about internal (U–M) and external research funding opportunities.
NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
The UM Division of Research Development and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) sends the Psychology Business Office a weekly guide that lists new National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities. The NIH website also offers a listserv to individuals.
Community of Science
The Community of Science (COS) website can be personalized, so researchers will receive only those notices that pertain to their particular interests.