The Martha Muenzer Memorial Award in Psychology was established by the parents of Martha Muenzer, who died while she was a student in LS&A. The award is given annually to an outstanding junior woman doing Honors in the Department of Psychology. The award is $2,000. Award criteria include overall academic achievement, breadth and depth of interests, and the extent to which the award might have a beneficial influence on the recipient. All applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Committee for Student Academic Affairs.
Congratulations to Sarah Horn,
Recipient of the 2012 Martha Muenzer Memorial Award!
Application materials should include the following and should be sent to email@example.com:
- An application cover sheet (download and complete the PDF file below).
- A personal statement (two pages or less), covering the applicant’s skills, interests, aspirations, and any other information considered relevant.
- Once your application has been submitted, a copy of your unofficial transcript from the University of Michigan will be added to your application by the Psychology Student Academic Affairs Office.
- A letter that the applicant (as the award recipient) might write to the Muenzer family; introducing herself and mentioning her activities, honors project and the way in which the award money will be used.
- Two letters of recommendation. It is suggested, but not required, that at least one letter be written by a Department of Psychology faculty member.
Please download the application below and send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due Friday, March 9, 2012 (yes, you may send it before you leave for Spring Break). Recipients of the Martha Muenzer Memorial Award will be notified in April.
The Martha Muenzer Memorial Award Application