Preparing for Your Internship/Job Search
- Advice from Alumni: Networking 101
- Article: 10 Steps to Getting a Great Research Internship in Psychology
- Article: Applying for Research Internships and Summer Jobs in Psychology and the Health Professions
- Career Center Resources
- LinkedIn for Students "How-to" Videos
- LinkedIn Job Search App
- Internships, Experiential & Research Opportunities (PDF)
- Amgen Scholars Summer Research Program
- APA Summer Science Fellowship (for rising college seniors)
- APA Advanced Stats Training in Psych
- APA Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Internships
- Community Information Corps (public interest)
- FBI Internship Program
- Federal Internship Directory (intern w/ governmental agencies)
- Intern In Michigan (internships in the state of Michigan)
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program (summer internship)
- NSF: Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences
- Princeton Review Internship and Career Website
- Psychology-related Internships (internships.com)
- Psychology Internships (InternMatch.com)
- UM Career Center (career page): discover your career interests, prepare for your job search, finding a job/internship
- Alumni Association: check out what the Alumni Association offers in terms of career resources while you are a student here at U–M (free business cards, mentoring, etc!)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: information on various (not just psychology-related) careers, earnings, and more!
- O*NET: tool for career exploration and job analysis
- Psychology Alumni Profiles: Learn more about what U–M Psychology Alumni have done post graduation.
- Psych Careers: APA online career center
- APS Online Journals: Current Directions in Psychological Science, Psychological Science in the Public Interest, and Perspectives on Psychological Science.
- About.com (Psychology): Find information on many different careers in psychology as well as typical wages, working conditions, and job outlooks. Learn more about the diverse career options available to psychology majors. Check out job possibilities for those holding Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degrees. Take this quiz to learn more about the psychology careers that are best matched to your interests and personality.
- Career Options: handout with examples of career paths and the skills employers look for.
- Social Psych Network: online career center
- Psych Web: entry level positions obtained by Psychology majors and a list of books on careers for Psych majors.
- Psychology Degree: Online Psychology Resources
Entry-level positions for those with a Psych degree:
- LinkedIn Jobs for students and recent graduates.
- Careers Options with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology.
- Social Service Job site: The job site for jobs in social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, mental health, case management, employee assistance, volunteer management, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, community development, youth development, child welfare, developmental disabilities and all other areas of social services.
- Human Services Career Network: career site devoted solely to Human Service, Social Service, and Non-Profit professionals!
- Psychwatch: Psychwatch has created a listing of positions available, and sites where you just might find that perfect employment opportunity... Updated weekly.
- Psych Pros: a national recruiting, staffing and executive search firm dedicated exclusively to the behavioral healthcare field.
- Ann Arbor Spark: Brilliant people come to SPARK from around the world looking for exciting career opportunities. To facilitate these connections, we have created a Job Posting system that targets high-value, knowledge-based and Michigan-based positions.
- NPO.Net: Illinois' largest nonprofit job board!
Graduate School Information
For those interested in Graduate School, this timeline will help prepare you for the application.
A guide to your post Graduation option with a U-M Psychology degree.
This guide has helpful tips, timeline, and tools of the trade.