How to Submit Your 6 Words About Race
The University of Michigan is hosting a theme semester called Understanding Race. As part of that effort, you are invited to participate in a little exercise. Think about the word RACE. Now think about how you would express your thoughts about RACE and ethnicity in just SIX WORDS. That’s right. Your experiences, thoughts, triumphs, laments or anthem expressed in just 6 words. Please include your name, location and email so we can archive your 6-word essay and alert you if it is posted on the website for The Race Card Project.™
Get busy. I’m listening. — Michele Norris
Cards: Request cards for you or your group from email@example.com
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013. 10:30 – 11:30 AM. A Race Card Dialogue with President Mary Sue Coleman and Michele Norris. Press opportunity to follow.
- Monday, April 15 – Friday, April 19. Race Card Digital Installation in Shapiro Undergraduate Library.
- Thursday, April 18, 2013. 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Race Card Installation on the Diag.
- Thursday, April 18, 2013. 12:00 noon. Reception for Race Card Digital Installation at the Shapiro Library, with remarks by Michele Norris.
- Thursday, April 18, 2013. 4:00 – 6:00 PM. Reading and Race Card Town Hall Meeting with Michele Norris. Rackham Auditorium.
- Friday, April 19, 2013. 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. A Race Card Dialogue with Michele Norris. Arthur Miller Theater. North Campus. Sponsored by CEDO, the Center for Engineering Diversity and Outreach. Register here.
- Friday, April 19, 2013. 1:00 – 3:00 PM. A Race Card dialogue with Michele Norris. Alumni Center. Sponsored by the Alumni Association's Lead Program. Register here.
- Friday, April 19, 2013. 4:00 – 6:00 PM. A Race Card dialogue with Michele Norris. Law School South Hall. Sponsored by the Michigan Law Program in Race, Law & History. Register here.
The Race Card Project at Michigan is sponsored by the National Center for Institutional Diversity with media sponsorship from Michigan Radio. Michele Norris's participation is made possible in part by a King-Chavez-Parks Visiting Professorship, with support from the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.