George Washington Park is a small traffic triangle located on Washtenaw at Hill, more commonly known as "The Rock". The rock features daily graffiti by various groups for all sorts of occasions. This rock was brought to the site in 1923 as part of its celebration of the 200th anniversary of Washington's birth. The rock is about 30,000 years old and features glacial grooves made when the glacier dragged it from the Georgian Bay . A dedication plaque made from collected scraps of copper exists underneath the layers of paint.