Living/learning doesn’t stop in the classroom, cafeteria, or dorm room—RC students collaborate independently on theater, music, poetry, concert production, public art, activism, govern—you name it.
Below are basic descriptions of just some of the student groups in the RC:
- The RC Players are a student-run theater organization, producing their own plays right here in East Quad.
- The Sirens are a student-run a cappella group, founded within and sponsored by the Residential College. The all-female group is artsy, fresh, goofy, and fun ... everything the RC is all about!
- The EQMC stands for East Quad Music Co-op, a group that books, promotes, and runs concerts in East Quad’s Halfway Inn, with all of the door money going to performers.
- The RC Forums link students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members around specific interests.
- The RC German Theatre Program has been around for over twenty years creating, staging and producing German language dramatics in the RC auditorium under the leadership of RC German Program head, Janet Hegman-Shier.
- Our RC Email Lists are frequently the forums where the most engaged discussion takes place.
- The Republic is the seat of student government in the RC
- RC MAP (Mentorship Among Peers): students involved in strengthening the community of students
- RC Resources
- Campus Resources
- Student Activities
- Academic Services
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Academic Standards
- Semester in Detroit
- Spanish Language Internship Program
- Telling It
- Freedom House
- Shakespeare in the Arb
- RC MAP (Mentorship Among Peers)
- The RC Republic
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- RC Forums