Advising Appointments

During the fall and winter terms RLL requires that students use the LSA Online Advising System to schedule appointments. 

Please note that to schedule an appointment in the spring or summer (May through early August), you need to contact the department directly at 734-647-2230.

Important Information: 

Interested in declaring? No appointment is necessary to declare a major or minor,.  You must have a declared major to declare a minor. Stop by the RLL main office, 4108 MLB, weekdays between 8-5 to complete the declaration paperwork. Please be advised that major and minor declarations may take up to ten business days to be processed.

International Studies? If you have questions about an International Studies major/minor, please contact the Program for International and Comparative Studies (PICS).  

Quick question? For short, straightforward questions, you may contact a member of the undergraduate services team at or review the RLL website.

Appointment Options:

Have general questions about a major/minor or studying abroad? If you have questions about degree requirements, course selection, or are considering study abroad, please schedule a general advising appointment.  You may also review the RLL website or contact the RLL front office (734-647-2230).

Going or returning from abroad?   You are required to have coursework pre-evaluated by an RLL faculty advisor prior to going abroad; syllabi and specific course descriptions are needed. A final evaluation of coursework is required upon return from abroad. Specific courses and credits must appear on the transcript; syllabi and completed coursework are needed. See the RLL study abroad webpage for details.

Have transfer credit? Once credits have posted to your transcript, make an appointment to have transfer credit evaluated for RLL equivalency. Please bring syllabi and completed coursework/exams, etc.

Honors student? Discuss opportunities to complete an RLL honors major or follow-up on your progress toward an RLL honors major.

Graduating?  The term prior to your expected graduation, you must have a major/minor release completed by your program of study! Before your appointment, please make sure that your RLL declaration is accurate and that study abroad credits are posted to your transcript and have been evaluated.