If you are qualified, you may be admitted to a program of advanced study in the beginning or middle of your junior year (or at the beginning of your senior year following participation in a junior year study-abroad program), leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Spanish.
Admission to senior-level Honors work in Spanish is by application only.
Prerequisites to entering RLL's honor program in Spanish
- Demonstrated superior ability in both oral and written Spanish, and to present evidence of serious interest in research
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and a Spanish Concentration GPA of 3.7 are required for admission and for graduation with Honors in Spanish
Requirements in the program
- Normal concentration requirements in Spanish must be completed
- One additional course in Spanish (3 credits) at the 400 level
- Composition of a thesis in Spanish (40 pages minimum)
- Enroll in ROMLANG 498 in the fall term of their senior year
- Enroll in SP 491 in the winter term of their senior year
- A presentation and discussion of your thesis and of an agreed-upon set of related readingswith members of the faculty (Thesis defense)
Note: ROMLANG 498 and SP 491 will count within the seven course sequence of 400-level courses for the Honors degree
If you wish to participate, you should contact the Undergraduate Student Services Coordinator for the contact information of the current Honors advisor and fill out an application form. Upon successful completion, your faculty advisor will send a report to the Honors program with your thesis title and a recommendation of honors, high honors or highest honors in Spanish.
Questions? Please contact the Undergraduate Student Services Coordinator.
Not what you're looking for? Return to the Spanish Concentration page.
- Advising Appointments
- Concentrations and Minors
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- Declaring a Concentration or Minor
- Independent Study and Internships
- Library Research Guides
- Language Placement
- Language Clubs
- RLL Honors and Awards
- Study Abroad
- Summer Language Institute