If you are qualified, you may be admitted to a program of advanced study in the beginning or middle of your junior year (or at the beginning of your senior year following participation in a junior year study-abroad program), leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Romance Languages and Literatures.
Admission to senior-level Honors work in Romance Languages and Literatures is by application only.
Prerequisites to entering RLL's honors major in Romance Languages and Literatures
- Demonstrated superior ability in both oral and written languages of study, and to present evidence of serious interest in research
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and a RLL Major GPA of 3.5 before acceptance to the honors major and maintained during pursuit of honors
Requirements in the program
- Normal major requirements in RLL must be completed
- Composition of a thesis in one of the Romance languages of study (40 pages minimum)
- Enroll in ROMLANG 498 in the fall term of their senior year
- Enroll in ROMLANG 499 in the winter term of their senior year
- A presentation and discussion of your thesis and of an agreed-upon set of related readings with members of the faculty (Thesis defense)
Interested students should contact Linda Burger, email@example.com for the current RLL Honors Advisor contact information. Admission to senior level honors work in Romance Languages and Literatures is by application only. In addition to the application form, students should submit a copy of their transcript, a one- page statement of purpose, and a sample essay.
Not what you're looking for? Return to the Majors and Minors page.
- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- Language Placement
- Language Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Language Institute
- Undergraduate Update