If you are qualified, you may be admitted to a program of advanced study in the beginning or middle of your junior year (or at the beginning of your senior year following participation in a junior year study-abroad program), leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Spanish.
Admission to senior-level Honors work in Spanish is by application only.
Prerequisites to entering RLL's honors major in Spanish
- Demonstrated superior ability in both oral and written Spanish, and to present evidence of serious interest in research
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and a Spanish Major GPA of 3.7 are required for admission and for graduation with Honors in Spanish
Requirements in the program
- Normal major requirements in Spanish must be completed
- One additional course in Spanish (3 credits) at the 400 level
- Composition of a thesis in Spanish (40 pages minimum)
- ROMLANG 498 in the fall term of their senior year
- SP 491 in the winter term of their senior year
- A presentation and discussion of your thesis and of an agreed-upon set of related readings with members of the faculty (Thesis defense)
If you wish to participate, you should contact Linda Burger, firstname.lastname@example.org for the contact information of the current Honors advisor and fill out an application form. Upon successful completion, your faculty advisor will send a report to the Honors program with your thesis title and a recommendation of honors, high honors or highest honors in Spanish.
Not what you're looking for? Return to the Spanish Major page.
- Advising Appointments
- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- Language Placement
- Language Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Language Institute
- Undergraduate Update