RLL offers several scholarships specifically for study abroad. Being a student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is a requirement for all.
With regrets, RLL cannot consider students already studying abroad.
In addition, each scholarship has its own additional requirements. Please read the description of each scholarship to be certain you qualify to apply.
Questions? Please contact Linda Burger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vincenti Scholarships are open to declared majors in French, Italian, Romance Languages & Literatures, and Spanish at UM. Applications are accepted twice a year. These scholarships are specifically for fall semester, winter semester or academic year UM study abroad programs, excluding spring and summer programs. Vincenti Scholarships are awarded before a student begins their study abroad program. Students already studying abroad will not be considered.
Open the pdf application and save it to your desktop. Then open the file from your desktop and complete the application. After you complete your application, please save the file as your Lastname.Firstname and email your application to upload.Student.email@example.com.
Winter 2016 study abroad Friday September 18, 2015
Fall 2016 or Academic Year 2016-17 Wednesday February 24, 2016
The Canzano Study Abroad Scholarship is open to students studying Italian, Portuguese, and/or Spanish in the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures (RLL) at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. This scholarship is awarded based on academic achievements, strength of application, and financial need. This scholarship may be used for a spring or summer study abroad program only. Students do not have to be declared as a major or minor in RLL to receive this scholarship, however preference will be given to students planning to study in Spain, Argentina, Portugal, or Italy, as stated in the endowment regulations. To apply, students must complete the Canzano Study Abroad Scholarship Application (PDF).
The Chiara Maria Levin Study Abroad Scholarship for Excellence in the Romance Languages at UM is open to declared majors and minors in RLL who are planning to study abroad in spring or summer and have been accepted to a UM study abroad program. To apply students must complete the Chiara Maria Levin Summer Study Abroad Scholarship Application (PDF).
The Ernst Pulgram Italian Study Abroad Scholarship is open to students studying Italian at UM and may be used for a fall, winter, spring, or summer term study abroad program, as well as for an academic year. Students do not have be declared as a major or minor in Italian to receive this scholarship. To apply, students must complete the Ernst Pulgram Italian Study Abroad Scholarship (PDF).
The Vincenti Summer Study Abroad Scholarships are open to declared majors in French, Italian, Romance Languages & Literatures, and Spanish at UM. These scholarships are specifically for spring or summer UM study abroad programs. Vincenti Summer Study Abroad Scholarships are awarded before a student begins their study abroad program. Students already studying abroad will not be considered. To apply, complete the Vincenti Summer Study Abroad Scholarship (PDF).
- UM Global MichiganFind details about study abroad programs, research and internship opportunities.
- The College of Literature, Sciences, and the Arts (LSA)Maintains web pages filled with information for students interested in study abroad.
- Global Intercultural Experience for Undergraduates Program (GIEU)The GIEU Program sends small groups of U-M students for 3-4 week spring/summer learning experiences directed by U-M faculty members.
- The International Center (IC)Located in on 603 E. Madison next to the Michigan Union, the IC provides students with information on study abroad, international internships, including information ways to finance an international experience.
- The International Institute (II)Located 1080 South University,Suite 2660 in the School of Social Work Building.
- Center for Global and Intercultural Study (CGIS)Located in room G155 Angell Hall, CGIS was created to provide a wide variety of global engagement and learning opportunities to the University of Michigan community.